Get the best Communication Android app strongSwan VPN Client offered by strongSwan Project. Apps.Android.Apk shares Latest Update APK file for your Android device. Get strongSwan VPN Client apk file and install on Android Smartphone and other devices.
strongSwan VPN Client Description:
Official Android 4+ port of the popular strongSwan VPN solution.
# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS #
* Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this – strongSwan VPN Client won’t work on these devices!
* Uses the IKEv2 key exchange protocol (IKEv1 is not supported)
* Uses IPsec for data traffic (L2TP is not supported)
* Full support for changed connectivity and mobility through MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
» Show Full Description
* Supports username/password EAP authentication (namely EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) as well as RSA/ECDSA private key/certificate authentication to authenticate users, EAP-TLS is also supported
* Combined RSA/ECDSA and EAP authentication is supported by using two authentication rounds as defined in RFC 4739
* VPN gateway certificates are verified against the CA certificates pre-installed or installed by the user on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the gateway can also be imported directly into the app.
* IKEv2 fragmentation is supported if the VPN gateway supports it (strongSwan does so since 5.2.1)
* Split-tunneling allows sending only certain traffic through the VPN and/or excluding specific traffic from it
* Per-app VPN allows limiting the VPN connection to specific apps, or exclude them from using it
* The IPsec implementation currently supports the AES-CBC, AES-GCM, ChaCha20/Poly1305 and SHA1/SHA2 algorithms
* Passwords are currently stored as cleartext in the database (only if stored with a profile)
* VPN profiles may be imported from files (this is the only reason why the app requests android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
Details and a changelog can be found on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClient
# EXAMPLE GATEWAY CONFIGURATION #
This client can be used with the following gateway configuration that is also compatible with the Windows 7+ Agile VPN client:
But please note that the host name configured with a VPN profile in the app *must be* contained in the gateway certificate as subjectAltName.
# FEEDBACK #
Please post bug reports and feature requests on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/issues
If you do so, please include information about your device (manufacturer, model, OS version etc.).
The log file written by the key exchange daemon can be sent directly from within the application.
What’s New 1.9.4:
# 1.9.4 #
– Supports delta CRLs
– Bug fixes (see website for details)
# 1.9.3 #
– Verifies server certificates via OCSP
– Caches CRLs in the app directory (can be cleared via main menu)
– Adds a ‘reconnect’ button in the ‘currently connected’ dialog
# 1.9.2 #
– Split-tunneling on client (specify/exclude traffic to route via VPN)
– Per-app VPN (specify/exclude apps that use the VPN)
– Imports profiles via SAF
– Fetches CRLs via simple HTTP/S fetcher
» Show Less Description
Note: strongSwan VPN Client is a Trademark of strongSwan Project. All rights reserved by the Developers. We as AppsAndroidApk.com Only shares Original APK files without any modification (No Cheats, No Hacks, No Mods etc).